Thursday, August 29, 2013

Political Issues and Upheavals Galore...not a Place in God's Kingdom!

Hello! So much going on in the world today. On the home front, I am trying my hardest to survive my daughter's Senior year of high school! So much to pay for! And so little time to do it in. Then there's college. That's why I haven't dedicated much time to blogging. Plus, my job as Ad Creator keeps me focused on other challenges.
Recently, there has been some trouble in the church I attend. A few years ago, several members left. Well, once again, members are leaving. And once again, they tried to ostracize the preacher. Why is there so much turmoil in churches today? Everyone wants to be a chief and not an Indian! No one knows their place anymore. I typically don't preach sermons, but since this is my blog, so be it. Today, I preach. I am called to do it. The Lord makes certain demands of his followers. Be faithful unto death, He says. I try so hard to do just as He commands. I definitely would never disrupt church services the way this one gentleman did! Here's how it all happened.
A group of people were looking for a church to "call home". You know what that means. To settle down in one place and be of one accord, be like-minded. Things were going along really good until the men had their business meeting and then problems arose. Certain men didn't like how things were done or they were confused as to why the bank statement was posted for all to see. Well, FYI, a church is tax-exempt. Therefore, the general public can view how that church or any other organization spends its money. Just an FYI. So then a few weeks later, it was suggested that since we are a small congregation that we sell the church and move to another location. Not happening. Give more to the Lord is my suggestion! I used to limit how much money I gave but not anymore. What else would I spend it on? New shoes, clothes, etc. The Lord needs it more.
Then one gentleman didn't like that we were posting how much "Budget" money we needed. He actually opposed that word and would prefer "Expenses". That was changed. Guess what? They were still dissatisfied. One man even got up and cried once talking about brotherly love, yet he accused another one of being hateful. It was just that the one man's tone was reflecting how adamant he was about not selling the church. He wasn't being hateful. Now everyone has a budget to live by. Even a local church! It's how the congregation pays the electric bill, water bill, phone bill, supplies, teacher aids, and yes, even a battery for a clock! Not much good that does cause half of the people attending can't get there on time.
Then came the big fiasco! One Wednesday evening while everyone was ready to worship and have Bible study, one gentleman arose and started demanding that the preacher be fired and leave! It caused me to have heart palpitations. I was so upset. The preacher and my dad (my dad being a founding member) had to defend the church. And they did. Needless to say, the crowd who gathered to disrupt services did it to no avail. The Lord reigns supreme! Christians fought off Satan and his evil works of darkness! No, I'm not a fanatic on a rampage here. Just love it when the Lord wins!
Whatever was not working for this group of people is still unclear. Now they are spouting lies, trying to undermine the work of the church, and even called a "supporting church" about the preacher and tried to stop his support. Is that Christian love? Makes me wonder all this time if someone was being a hypocrite. It really hurts me deep down that they left. But at the same time I feel they deceived me everytime I shook hands with them. How did they really feel about me? Oh well, the Lord knows the heart of man. Forgiveness is what I am learning to understand now. Just as the Lord says we must do.

No comments: