Monday, April 22, 2013

A Stich in Time

Ann Rinaldi's A Stich in Time is a good read! I found it heartwarming and very touching. As I am a crafter, I came across these books in the library the other day. The Chelmsford family finds itself torn into pieces after the War of Independence. Hannah finds herself at the forefront of her father's animosity and anger towards the British, his son and daughters, and the ones who love them the most. Isn't that the way life usually goes. The ones we are the hardest on are the ones we love the most. Oftentimes, we put too much pressure on someone to be perfect and that is what the father of this story does to his children. But Hannah is determined to put her family back together by piecing a quilt. Each block of the quilt is a fabric piece given by someone with whom Hannah finds trustworthy. Trust as we all know is something that must be earned. I am not a quilter but I love any kind of craft and this book helped me finish the afghan that I have been working so feverishly to finish the last month. It was donated to a chaity auction this morning. I hope it gives someone warmth and comfort and they enjoy it as much as I did making it. See my blog To Knit or Crochet for more on the afghan. Happy reading, blogging, and Whatever!

No comments: